Organizations are eligible to apply for an Impact Award if they:
1. have tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or have tax exemption as a Tribal entity; or have a qualified tax-exempt fiscal sponsor.
2. have provided programs in Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah and/or Washington counties (Portland/SW Washington) for at least three years.
3. have an office in one of the counties in the region.
4. can show annual revenues of at least $200,000 in the most recently completed fiscal year.
Funds can be used to support specific projects or general operations. Funds are granted in December of each year and must be spent within two years of the award. Organizations that advance to the semi-finalist stage must demonstrate the sustainability and financial management expertise necessary to effectively manage a $100,000 grant.
In accordance with our mission, we only make awards to projects whose impact is focused on one or more of the four counties in the Portland/SW Washington region.
We do not make grants for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits or endowment funding
- Projects or activities that are religious, legislative, discriminatory, partisan or political in nature
- General capital campaigns
- Endowment campaigns